Warranty and Return policy
|GEMA Product is defined as the entire device. It consists of a body device and a leather band.||
Figure 1. GEMA Product
|GEMA Body Device is defined as the device body with or without engraving (on the body itself, or on the backplate). The GEMA Body Device does not include any band or any other accessory.||
Figure 2. GEMA Body Device
|GEMA Generic Engraving refers to the engraving of the device body. Today, duoveo offers the three following generic engraving options:
Figure 3. GEMA Generic engraving
|GEMA Backplate refers to the plate attached to the back of the device body. Today, duoveo offers the following option:
Figure 4. GEMA Backplate
|GEMA Leather Band refers to the leather band used to wear the device body on the wrist. The leather band comes in a variety of color options.
Figure 5. GEMA Leather band
II. Thirty (30) Day Return Policy for GEMA Product only
You have 30 days to try your new GEMA Product. If for whatever reason you are unhappy or unsatisfied with your GEMA Product or its services, you can return your GEMA Product within thirty (30) days and get a REFUND*. The 30-day period starts from the day your newly purchased item is delivered.
*Please note that you will be responsible for the postage fees/shipping charges of the return, and for the original purchase payment processing fees (2.5% of the original invoice). Items returned are expected to be in their original condition. Should the GEMA Product, any of its components or accessories be missing or damaged (they cannot be re-used anymore), duoveo will automatically deduct their associated cost from the refund amount.
To request a return for a refund, please follow the instructions in section IV. STANDARD RETURN PROCEDURE.
Important note: This Thirty (30) Day Return Policy for GEMA Product applies only to products with no custom engraving on their backplate (see “GEMA Backplate” defined in section I. DEFINITION). We will not be able to accept return on products with custom engraving.
III. Thirty (30) Day Exchange Policy for GEMA Body Device only
You have 30 days to try your newly purchased GEMA device. If for any reason you change your mind and wish to exchange your GEMA Body Device for one of the other designs (see section I. “DEFINITION”), you can return your GEMA Body Device within thirty (30) days for an EXCHANGE*, as long as you satisfy the Exchange Conditions listed further below in section Important notes for an exchange. The 30-day period starts from the day the item is delivered.
*Please note that you will be responsible for the postage fees/shipping charges of the return, and for the original purchase payment processing fees (2.5% of the original invoice). Items returned are expected to be in their original condition. Should the GEMA Body Device, or any of its components, be missing or damaged (they cannot be re-used anymore), duoveo will automatically deduct their associated cost from the refund amount.
To request a return for an exchange, please follow the instructions in section IV. STANDARD RETURN PROCEDURE.
IV. STANDARD RETURN PROCEDURE
To request a return for a refund or an exchange, you must contact our customer support team at email@example.com, provide a legible copy of the original invoice or receipt with date of purchase and product items purchased.
Returns must be pre-authorized by Customer Support. We reserve the right to decline your refund or exchange if you return the product without our prior authorization. Once authorized, our customer support representative will provide a return shipping label and a RMA (Return Material Authorization). You then will have 30 days to ship the product to the return address. Only packages sent within 30 days of the authorization will be eligible for a refund or exchange.
Important notes for a refund: Once we’ve received the returned merchandise please allow up to 5 business days for our team to inspect the condition of the returned items, and up to 15 additional business days to process your refund. The refund will be issued using the same payment method as used during the original purchase of the item(s). Note that the refund is usually visible within 5–10 days, depending on your financial institution.
Once a GEMA Product is returned for a REFUND, we reserve the right to refurbish the GEMA Body Device for sale or for the GEMA Body Device to be used as a replacement.
Important notes for an exchange:
Exchanges will be authorized for the GEMA Body Device with no custom engraving on their backplate only, and exclude limited editions and promotions. We will allow only one exchange per device per order.
Once we’ve received the merchandise for exchange, our team will need up to 5 business days to inspect the condition of the items to ensure that they are not damaged. Items found to be damaged won’t be eligible for exchange, and will be returned back to you upon your request, and at your expense. If your returned items are approved for exchange, our team will proceed to package and ship the replacement GEMA Body Device within 15 business days. duoveo reserves the right to exchange your items with refurbished or previously exchanged GEMA Body Device items that have passed our rigorous quality control.
GEMA Body Device: A GEMA Body Device is eligible for an exchange, if the exchange satisfies the conditions listed earlier in this section.
GEMA Body Device (custom engraving): A GEMA Body Device (custom engraving) includes a backplate with custom engraving, and therefore is not eligible for exchange.
GEMA Leather Band: duoveo guarantees that its leather band is new, safe and non-allergenic. Because we cannot verify whether a GEMA Leather Band has been worn or otherwise used, we won’t accept exchanges for GEMA Leather Band. If you wish to change your GEMA Leather Band, please order a new one via our website.
V. WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
Duoveo cannot be held responsible for the following situations:
- Normal wear and tear including; cosmetic damage, and battery.
- Damage or failure through unauthorized tampering, disassembly, misuse, improper or negligent use, improper or abnormal use, or any use contrary to instructions provided by GEMA’s documentations
- Damage or failure due to accident, acts of God, unauthorized commercial use, abuse, neglect, loss or theft during shipment, unusual atmospheric conditions, or water submersion.
- Any unauthorized modification to the GEMA Product
- Any attempted repair by unauthorized persons or with any parts not originally intended for or compatible with the GEMA Product
- Any alteration of the factory model name and/or serial number.
VI. Specific warranty for GEMA out-of-the-box failure (OBF)
This warranty only applies when all the following conditions are met:
- When a GEMA Product or a GEMA Body Device is found to be faulty/defective upon activation, within fifteen (15) clear days of its delivery
- Customer reports the failure reported within fifteen (15) clear days of its delivery to the duoveo customer service team by email, with clear and precise description of the problem encountered with the GEMA product
- The failure is proven or otherwise accepted by the duoveo customer service team
- The warranty exclusions listed below are not applicable
- duoveo will send the Customer a return authorisation number
- Customer will return the product in its original packaging, and accompanied by all its accessories
- Duoveo will test the product and confirm the failure or malfunction fits with the description provided by Customer in its original report, and deem the failure or malfunction indeed an acceptable out-of-the-box failure
- duoveo will ship an identical GEMA product to the Customer at duoveo's expense
If the Product received by duoveo customer service team, does not correspond to an out-of-box failure, Product will be returned, at the Customer's expense.
Exclusions from the GEMA out-of-the-box warranty:
The duoveo out-of-the-box warranty is not applicable in any of the following cases:
- The out-of-box failure is rejected after diagnosis by the duoveo team
- The fault is attributable to improper use of the Product by Customer, which includes opening or disassembly of Product, damage, breakdown, failures or faults attributable to external causes, such as those described in section V. WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS